Sunday, February 7, 2016

We are so incredibly blessed!

When your heart is so touched by the kindness, generosity and insurmountable outpouring of love from others, how do you possibly put that into words? "Thank you" just doesn't even begin to cover what I would like to say to each of you. I have been at my computer for hours staring at a blank screen as this is by far the most difficult post I have ever written. There are so many things I want to say to all of you and yet, I just have no words. Part of me wants to get in my car and drive around the county, knocking on the front door of each and every one of you to hug you in person while another part of me just wants to wrap myself in my afghan and curl up on the couch never to leave.

For those of you that found your way to my blog that may not know my story, let me just briefly share. I have been involved in the crochet community and active with the Crochet Guild of America for many, many years. During that time I have had the privilege of meeting so many wonderful, beautiful people. It goes far beyond friendship and I have always referred to them as my crochet FAMILY. October 2015, we tragically lost our precious 22 year old daughter, Chelsea. Many in my crochet family knew Chelsea and had watched her grow up. She is the mother of our very special granddaughter, Willow, who is quite frequently seen on my Facebook page. My crochet family immediately banded together to do what they do best - create. And in doing so, they sent us a 27 pound box which if we had a scale that measured how much care and love was in it would have weighed thousands upon thousands of pounds.

And they didn't stop there! Also enclosed in our box of love was an album with a picture of Chelsea with her gorgeous smile that we miss so much, cards, letters, a perpetual membership in the Association of the Miraculous Medal, poems and a certificate stating that 200 trees are being planted in Chelsea's memory. Chelsea would have thought that was SO cool! And lastly, you just have to see these one-of-a-kind afghans by themselves. They are absolutely breathtaking. I am so grateful that even a master list was included for each blanket so we could know who lovingly created each block. We will treasure these always just as we will always treasure having each and every one of you in our lives. I love all of you so very much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

George Tammy Shelby Little Willow And even one for Willow to grow into!

9 comments:

  1. Just a wonderful thing to do-this melted my heart. You are so blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone added a little bit of love to send to you and your family one giant hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not physically a part of this; but know that my thoughts and prayers are included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not physically a part of this; but know that my thoughts and prayers are included!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the Crochet Queen had posted earlier: lots of loops of love. All to wrap you each up in thousands of hugs. ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, thoughtful, amazing group of people! Love all of the pictures of the thoughtfulness and caring of each item in that box. You are truly blessed but so are we having you in our lives.
    Dawn Ferrentino

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears in my eyes as l read this post Tammy. I'm so happy I could be a part of it and show you our love and support in the loss of your previous daughter. You have touched all our lives in a positive way and we all think you are special. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tears in my eyes as l read this post Tammy. I'm so happy I could be a part of it and show you our love and support in the loss of your previous daughter. You have touched all our lives in a positive way and we all think you are special. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all knew words could never express what we felt. So we let our hooks speak for us. We had a great organizer to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete